Unfortunately, any thing in our house loses its presentable appearance over time. This is especially true of the surfaces of objects with which the tenants most often contact: kitchen worktop, sink and bathtub. The latter often loses its whiteness and becomes covered with ugly yellow spots. This is mainly due to the impurities that tap water contains. But sometimes the cause of this phenomenon becomes bad or improper care for enamel. Let's look at what can be done to return a beautiful look and whiteness.
How to upgrade the bath if its surface is worn and yellowed
Sometimes such a nuisance can appear within a few months after installation. Therefore, before proceeding to the elimination of the problem, it is worth understanding the causes of its occurrence. You can understand this in appearance:
- Rust stains. From the rest of the manifestations of their distinguished brown-red shade. This disadvantage is characteristic of baths located in old buildings in which metal pipes were used for the water supply. Over time, the metal is subjected to corrosion and gets into the water, later settling in the place of its contact with the surface.
- Yellowish spots or streaks may appear due to chlorine in the water.
- If hard water flows from your faucet, then over time a lime scurf will form on the surface of the bath. If you do not pay attention to it in time, then it will be difficult to get rid of it.
Reference! Tap water in large cities is often chlorinated to remove harmful bacteria from it. Drinking this water is not recommended.
At home, without resorting to the services of specialists, you can get rid of yellowness in two ways. The first - with the help of special formulations of household chemicals. The second is the use of folk remedies.
With the help of household chemicals
The easiest cleaning method is using household chemicals. Now on the shelves you can find many suitable options: Sanfor, Domestes, Chiston and so on. They all have a similar effect:
- remove rust;
- fight against bacteria, mold and fungus;
- rid of limescale.
In addition to the above, these substances have a pleasant smell. They should be chosen according to personal preferences. Do not forget that these tools are quite aggressive, so when working with them, use personal protection - rubber gloves.
Attention! To ensure that the substance is suitable for your type of coating, treat them with a small area and check the reaction.
Using folk remedies
For people with sensitive skin or chlorine intolerance, such products are not suitable. They can be harmful to health. In this case, you can use traditional methods. To return the whiteness the following tools will be useful:
- Baking soda. She is present in the kitchen of any housewife. Get rid of the problem remedy will help, if you make an effort. To do this, pour a thin layer of powder on the area to be cleaned. After fifteen minutes, moisten the soda slightly. After the same amount of time has passed, wipe the surface with a sponge. Repeat the procedure three more times. Then rinse the surface with warm water.
- Lemon acid. The best home remedy for dealing with rust stains. To use, dissolve 25 grams in a glass of water and treat the contaminated areas with the mixture. Repeat this action three more times at intervals of half an hour. Then rinse the bath with clean water and thoroughly ventilate the room.
- Vinegar and salt. Mix vinegar (half a cup) and salt (4 tbsp. L.) And heat a little. Apply the solution to problem areas. After twenty minutes, rinse with clean water.
Reference! If you mix soda and hydrogen peroxide in the proportion of 2/1, then you get a much more effective means to combat yellowness and limescale.
Why does the bath turn yellow
The main reason for the yellowing of the bath is poor water quality. But sometimes the hostess themselves are to blame. The result of care errors is the loss of a presentable appearance. In order for this not to happen, you need to follow a number of simple rules:
- clean the coating should be only the means that is suitable for him;
- rinse the bath after each use with warm water;
- once a week it is required to carry out cleaning with the help of special means;
- you should remove the soap scum in time - over time it can turn into a lime formation.
Try not to expose the coating to a sudden change in temperature: this can lead to cracking of the enamel and weakening of the protective layer. To improve the quality of water, you can use a filter that is mounted in the plumbing system.