Parental control is an indispensable thing for parents who are worried about what kind of content their child is viewing, what applications they use and what they play. Thanks to this feature, you can partially or completely block access to sites, applications or information that is not intended for minor children and adolescents. Parental controls are available on devices such as Android phones and tablets, Apple devices, and personal computers with the Windows operating system.
But how to disable the restrictions set earlier? There are many reasons for this, starting with buying a new device for a child and ending with the banal growing up of your child. Below are the most common and simple methods.
How to remove parental controls on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
On these devices, the parental control function is located in the main settings and is called "Limitations". To disable, you need to remember the password that was also used when activating this function. From the settings, go to "General", then find "Limitations" and select "Turn off". Now you need to enter the password.
But often, users forget the password and do not know how to recover it. You can do this using programs that allow you to copy information and data about the applications of your device to your computer when connected to it. One of the most popular programs of this kind is called iBackupBot and is available on iTunes. If you do not have the opportunity to recover the password, and you need to disable parental control, the following steps will help you.
- in the settings we find cloud storage and turn off the search for devices available for communication;
- Using the list of devices in iTunes, select the desired device and activate the connection to the computer;
- using the "Browse" tab, create a backup;
- just now we download and install the necessary application on the PC and with it we open the recently created copy;
- Next, go to the system files and select the home domain, then go to the library and its settings;
- here you need to find a file called com.apple.springboard.plist and open it using the editor built into the program;
- pay attention to the code given by the commands and find the line ending with;
- add SBParentalControlsPIN to the line below, and indicate a new password below it, for example, 1234;
- Now, remaining in the same program, restore your device from the backup modified copy and wait for the device to reboot.
Important! After entering a new password, you must save the file, otherwise the work you have done will not be saved, and the changes will not take effect.
How to disable parental control on an Android tablet
The scheme for disabling parental control on devices of this system differs slightly from the above. So, to deactivate the function, you also need to remember the previously set password. With it, you can log into the main account without previously set restrictions.
If the control function limited access to some applications, then you can disable the restriction through the "Users" menu located in the settings. Here you can either remove the restrictions completely, or adjust the list of applications and files to which this user profile will not have access.
If the tablet has control of purchases and application downloads through Google Play, then you can disable it in a similar way through the access settings in the application itself.
If you still can’t remember the password, you can use the reboot method and then turn it on in safe mode. This method works on almost all devices of this platform:
- turn off your device and click on the start button;
- while the system is loading, press and hold the volume buttons, both the top and bottom at the same time;
- if everything is done correctly, then when you turn on the screen will display the inscription "safe mode" or "Safe mode".
In order to return to the mode with the current control settings, just restart the tablet.