White floor coverings can give your interior a stylish and expensive look, but any, even the smallest pollution on them immediately catches your eye. That is why they require special, much more thorough care than any others.
Of the chemical products, Prochem and Chemspec products are most effective in performing carpet cleaning tasks; professional cleaning firms use them, but, of course, they have an appropriate cost. A more economical and familiar to most option is Vanish.
In addition, there are many ways to clean with improvised means, using folk recipes.
To get rid of dust from the carpet, vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters and steamers cope most quickly and conveniently.
Regarding the aforementioned folk recipes, we recommend that you try the following:
- Add four tablespoons of vinegar, one tablespoon of soda and one tablespoon of wool care products to a glass of water. Stir and apply to the carpet with a spray bottle or a non-rigid brush, and then remove the composition with a cloth dampened in clean water.
- Put any kind of salt on the carpet, paying particular attention to more dirty areas. After half an hour, sweep the carpet and use it with a vacuum cleaner.
- Dissolve a small amount of soap in water and add a little gasoline, then soak the sawdust in the resulting solution, sprinkle the coating on them and leave for about half a day or overnight. Dry sawdust that has absorbed all the dirt, remove it with a broom and a vacuum cleaner.
- Grate a whole bar of laundry soap and mix with 500 grams of starch. Spread the dry mixture evenly over the entire surface, and then sweep.
- In winter, ordinary snow can be a great helper - take the carpet out onto the street, sprinkle with snow, then sweep it with a broom and shake it well.
- If it is possible to leave the room in which the coating is located for a day without people, wipe it with a mixture of water with two tablespoons of ammonia (such cleaning should be superficial, without moisture), then ventilate for 24 hours.
- Grind potatoes and soak briefly in water. With the resulting solution, treat the surface, then after an hour walk with a vacuum cleaner.
ATTENTION! If you are using a stain remover, check its effect on an inconspicuous part of the carpet, for example, hidden under furniture.
Removing stains from a white carpet
If you spilled something on a white coating, the following methods will help you, each of which depends on the type of spots:
- Contaminants from liquids containing lemon or berry juice, alcohol, milk, latex paint, any sauces or gelatin are removed with the following solution: a quarter teaspoon of detergent without bleach or vinegar is added to a liter of water, everything is thoroughly mixed. Put it on the contaminated area, then wipe it with a sponge and remove excess moisture with paper towels.
- More complex cases, including blood, chocolate, coffee, wine, tea, vomiting or mustard, are rubbed with a mixture of 1 tsp. ammonia in 250 ml of water. The resulting mixture is applied using a spray gun and then removed.
- If oil, wax or any other greasy substance was spilled on the carpet, cover the stain with a paper towel and heat it slightly with an iron. You can remove the tissue after absorbing the heated fat into the paper.
- The glue is removed with a cotton pad soaked in alcohol.
- Sticky substances such as wax and resin are eliminated as follows: attach an ice cube to them, and after they harden, break off with any sharp object, after which you just have to go with a vacuum cleaner and wipe with a damp cloth.
- If a spot of urine remains on the surface, it is necessary to remove not only it, but also the smell, so you need to use two solutions. First spray with a mixture of water and vinegar in a ratio of 50/50 and rinse it gently. After that, the same sequence of actions is performed with a soapy solution.
Do not exert too much force when wiping the stain, this may contribute to its penetration into the interior of the coating or damage to the pile!