Checking into an apartment with a typical electrical wiring often entails the purchase of many extension cords and tees. The reason is extremely simple: the formula for universal placement of outlets does not exist. They are always few. They are constantly not where they need to be. But extension cords do not add aesthetics to the design, and there are a lot of risks associated with their use. But how to get rid of unsightly wires can be disassembled using the example of a bedroom.
Location of outlets in the bedroom
The sleeping room has long ceased to be a room in which only a bed and a nightstand are placed. Even before the advent of electricity, dressing tables and a wardrobe were transferred to it - after all, true ladies and gentlemen should not go out of the bedroom in their pajamas. And in a modern apartment, this room can also try on the role of an office. Or a full-fledged recreation area, which is impossible to imagine without multimedia devices. And all this is illuminated by electricity or powered by it.
Where to proceed when choosing a location
When the question of forming the optimal electrical wiring is raised during repairs in a long-lived apartment, it is a little easier to solve - the owners already know what and where they are located. It is more difficult for new settlers. They have to decide on the furniture of the bedroom. But it is precisely from it that one should build on.
In order not to suffer from a “crookedly installed” outlet later on, you must:
- Arm yourself with a tape measure, pencil and a couple of sheets of paper.
- Measure the furniture to be placed in the bedroom. Find your place of installation.
- Decide on electrical engineering. It is important to consider the number and location of all the devices that will be in the bedroom - from a table lamp to an iron, which is attached to the ironing board mounted in the wardrobe.
The results of all measurements, as well as the list of furniture with electricity-consuming devices, should be recorded on one sheet. On the second, it is desirable to schematically sketch the future layout of the bedroom. After this, you can begin to think through the electrical wiring.
The most convenient and practical position of the outlet sockets in the bedroom
First, a “permanent” connection is thought out - where and how will devices that are rarely disconnected from the network be placed: table lamps, dressing table lights, a TV, a computer, and similar equipment. Each of these devices has a separate outlet that can be hidden.
Then follows the planning of a “temporary” connection - mobile phones, laptop, hairdryer, iron and more. Under them, sockets are designed in places of most frequent use. These connectors should be at a level convenient for the owners.
The last step is to combine the results of the two previous ones. On the example of bedside space, it looks something like this:
- The nightstand on which the floor lamp stands can hide the outlet intended for it.
- The owner likes to "sit" on the network without getting out from under the blanket, which means that the head of the head should have a connection point for the charger. You can’t hide it behind the furniture.
- Result: you need a double outlet with convenient access. It is placed either above the countertop, standing right next to the bedside tables, or at a comfortable level in the space between the separated furniture.
A power outlet does not always mean a 220 V power supply network. If you intend to use gadgets, you can output a USB port built into the familiar frame to recharge them.
Under the "hidden" refers to removed from the field of view of the connection point. For computer technology, these are connectors at a height of 15-35 cm from the floor. For televisions and related multimedia devices - about 130 (so that the outlet hides behind them).
For periodic use, it is connected to the power grid at a height of 90-100 cm. This rule works even if the outlet is designed without reference to furniture.
And most important: when planning electrical wiring, you must consider the likelihood of the simultaneous use of all outlets. For this reason, you should not try to get by with a minimum number of them. Otherwise, a situation may arise when you again need an extension cord or tee.