During construction works in the repaired premises, a large amount of dust is accumulated. It contains substances harmful to breathing and is subject to regular cleaning. Ordinary household vacuum cleaners are not intended for cleaning building debris, concrete dust, because, firstly, they have an insufficient size of the waste container, and secondly, their filters clog very quickly, which can lead to overheating and damage to the apparatus.
In this case, the cyclone filter will save, which will expand the garbage compartment and adapt the filtration system due to the primary capture of the main part of the dust inside the separator.
The advantage of a self-made cyclone filter is that the installation price is significantly lower than when buying an industrial appliance, it can be made of any shape, power and volume at minimal cost. The disadvantages include lower energy efficiency and dust removal quality.
For the independent manufacture of a cyclone filter, you will need the following consumables:
- a classic vacuum cleaner or donor device from which the motor will be removed;
- garbage container (as an option, a bucket or barrel);
- conical capacity (or cyclone);
- corrugated hoses;
- sanitary fittings with adapter gaskets;
- fixing hardware;
- plywood (chipboard, etc.).
Other components may be needed depending on the assembly option.
Now we will consider options for how to assemble a cyclone model of a vacuum cleaner.
Depending on the chosen path, the sequence of work may vary slightly. To begin, consider the simplest option.
From a home vacuum cleaner
In addition to the old vacuum cleaner As the second main component, the assembled cyclone will be used.
To start, make two hoses: one is a worker with a nozzle for cleaning, the second is an intermediate one, for connecting the cyclone to the device. Cut corrugated tubes of suitable diameter, fasten plumbing bends through adapter couplings treated with sealant at the ends on both sides.
During operation, the cyclone will dump garbage into the container below it. As the last, you can use a bucket with a lid. A hole is made in the cover for the diameter of the outlet of the cyclone, after which the two parts are combined and fastened to each other through the holes provided for by the design of the cyclone.
If necessary, it is necessary to strengthen the construction of the bucket along the perimeter in any way possible in order to avoid its deformation under the influence of vacuum. Now it remains to connect all the holes using previously made hoses. A nozzle is installed on the working hose - the device is ready for operation.
Out of the bucket
If you do not have a working vacuum cleaner, then you can do it yourself. In this case, it is necessary to assemble a sealed enclosure from improvised materials, for example, from chipboard, and mount the motor in it. It is necessary to make the electrical connection of the motor terminals to the power button through the power regulator.
The wires of the power cord are soldered to the remaining terminals of the button. It is worth noting that the motor, power control unit and other electrical components can be used from an old vacuum cleaner that has lost its efficiency. All electrical connections must be well insulated and protected from dust.
The second cascade of the system will be a cyclone - it can be made from the bucket conical shape. The main task is to organize the inlet in such a way that it is directed downward tangentially to the inner wall.
This is necessary in order for a cyclone to form in the container, which will cause garbage to fall under its own weight into the container, and trapped air will be removed through the outlet in the bucket lid. It requires lowering the plumbing fitting connected to the air intake compartment to a height below the inlet.
The lowest cascade is a garbage container. An improvised cyclone with a motor at the top will be installed on it. It can also be done from the bucket with hermetically sealed lid. This compartment must be the most durable, because in addition to the mass of the entire structure, it still needs to withstand the vacuum that is formed.
After connecting all three cascades with hoses, and removing the "exhaust", you can begin testing. A vacuum cleaner assembled by oneself has a big minus - it will not be able to hold fine dust, being effective only for large construction debris.
Out of a traffic cone
Instead of a finished cyclone or bucket, a construction cone can be used as a filter. Its shape is also quite suitable for forming the necessary air flows for effective dust retention. Sequencing at the same time:
- turn the cone upside down;
- in the side of the cone, closer to the base, a hole is made tangentially to its inner surface;
- the outlet pipe is lowered from above, which should end below the inlet - it is fixed by means of a plywood disk cut into the size of the base of the cone;
- the top of the inverted cone is cut off, and it is fixed to the lid of the garbage container - a large bucket or barrel, also using a round piece of plywood.
The upper nozzle is connected to a vacuum cleaner, a hose with a working nozzle is inserted into the second. Assembly completed.
When making a cyclone filter yourself, you may encounter the following difficulties:
- The difficulty of fixing the inlet pipe in a makeshift cyclone. It is very important to organize the correct air movement at the inlet to the filter. To do this, it is recommended to use plumbing bends at an angle of 870 or 600;
- Insufficiently tight assembly. In the manufacture of the unit, it is necessary to ensure tightness of structures and joints along the entire route of the air flow. Do not spare the sealant for processing joints and joints;
- The containers of the device, in particular the garbage container, can undergo deformation under the influence of vacuum. Strengthen the design of the relevant parts (barrels or buckets), carefully select the motor of the device for power, preferably with the possibility of its adjustment;
- Also, a certain difficulty can be caused by the issues of fixing parts and assemblies of a hybrid vacuum cleaner. The design must be rigid, well fixed and strong, in order to avoid its destruction during operation of the device. Since the unit is often dimensional and heavy, it is advisable to strengthen it on a small platform with wheels.