Your indispensable housewife - a dishwasher - began to make a loud noise when you draw water. This is an alarm signal indicating a possible malfunction of the device.
You should not ignore this warning, as a humming machine can cause serious damage. To prevent this from happening, you can independently conduct diagnostics, identify the cause and fix the problem. Consider in this article how to restore the dishwasher without the help of a wizard.
The reasons for the loud noise of the dishwasher while drawing water
A strong buzz when starting the dishwashing machine is most often associated with a violation of the water supply. Common causes of loud noise include the following:
- Clogged fine and coarse filters. Food debris on dishes provokes a blockage, as a result of which water poorly enters the spray bottle. The ingress of cereal residues (rice, buckwheat, etc.), fruit seeds can also interfere with the rotation of the impeller or damage its blades.
- Weak pressure of water. Insufficient water supply pressure can cause a hum when starting the machine.
- Kink or contamination of the water supply hose.
- Incorrect loading of dishes or ingress of foreign objects.
- Violation of the installation rules of the dishwasher leads to vibration and a strong hum during the operation of the device.
The above reasons for the malfunction of the dishwashing machine can be easily eliminated without requiring special skills. However, the loud noise during the intake of water by the dishwasher can be caused by more serious defects:
- breakage of the sump pump;
- wear of the circulation pump bearing;
- intake valve malfunction.
If you suspect that the dishwasher is not working properly, immediate steps must be taken to correct the deficiencies. Otherwise, it may cause serious damage to the device.
How to independently check and restore the dishwasher
You can install and eliminate the source of loud noise in the dishwasher yourself, without the involvement of specialists. First you need to check the simplest causes of malfunction: the presence of debris, low (high) pressure in the pipes, kink of the hose. To do this, you need to clean the machine by thoroughly washing the contaminated parts under running water, put the hose correctly or increase the pressure in the water supply using a pump.
To eliminate more serious problems, we suggest using the advice of experienced craftsmen: they will help you easily restore the functionality of your kitchen assistant. Important condition:
- It is necessary to strictly observe the instructions for eliminating breakdowns in one or another part of the device.
How to check the condition of the sprayer
Before inspection, you must disconnect the dishwasher from electricity. If it is built into the closet of the kitchen unit, you need to remove it from there.
To check sprayer status, follow these steps:
- open the door and take out the basket for dishes;
- unscrew the fixing nut, remove the sprayers;
- rinse under running water, clean clogged nozzles with toothpicks;
- unscrew the drain filter and the mesh, wash thoroughly under the pressure of water.
Dry the washed and cleaned parts, then reinstall. If the problem is not resolved, then the mount may have failed. Often after prolonged use, they pop up, and water does not enter the nozzle. In this case, it is worth replacing the mounting part with a new one, which is available in the repair kit.
How to check the impeller
The impeller may not work due to solid objects or dishware fragments that block the part. To check the impeller of the pump, it is necessary to scoop out the remaining water from the place for the filter, pull the flap to the side, and then towards yourself. Check the impeller by removing any accumulated debris. If the blades are damaged, replace the part with a new one.
How to change a defective intake valve
If the dishwasher, making a set of water, makes noise and clicks, while the water flow does not enter the hopper, then the filling valve located in the lower part of the housing is faulty. The electrical or mechanical part of the water supply valve may fail.
Replace the broken part according to the strength of each:
- just unscrew the screw, disconnect the wiring;
- to check the mechanical part, you need to apply the operating voltage: it will open if the mechanism is not damaged;
- in order to diagnose electronics, it is necessary to measure the resistance of the valve coil with a multimeter: a value from 500 to 1500 Ohms is considered the norm.
If the water inlet valve is defective, replace it with a new one.
Important! Test with disconnected power and disconnected wires from the valve coil terminals.
How to replace a worn bearing
Frequent operation of the dishwasher leads to wear on the bearings of the circulation pump. The malfunction manifests itself 2-3 years after the purchase with a loud noise during water intake and buzzing.
It is not worth delaying the problem, it is better to immediately dismantle the pump according to the following algorithm:
- disconnect the machine from the power supply and remove the hoses that connect to the water supply;
- remove the appliance from the kitchen cabinet and place it in a convenient place;
- unscrew the screws holding the side walls, remove them;
- turn the car upside down, remove the sound insulation;
- gently unhook the springs from the door smooth opening mechanism (mounted on the side walls), holding the door so that it does not fall;
- raise the pallet by unblocking the hooks with a screwdriver and disconnecting the connectors with the wiring;
- disconnect the water pipe, remove the pan and put it to the side;
- Remove the old circulation pump.
The next step is disassembling the pump. To do this, follow these steps:
- disconnect the block with the heating element from the engine;
- remove the impeller, use the tongs to remove the anchor;
- remove the cause of the malfunction from the base of the anchor with tweezers - the back support bearing - a small ring made of graphite;
- check the integrity of the rubber gasket: if necessary, replace it with a new one;
- install a new bearing; reassemble the circulation pump in the reverse order.
Reinstall the pump, assemble the dishwasher.
How to check the drain pump
You can check the operation of the pump (drain pump) indiscriminately in the dishwasher. To do this, you need to listen to the sounds that the unit makes when draining water. The machine is very buzzing, the murmur of water is almost inaudible - the pump is damaged and needs to be replaced.
Attention! Do not tilt the running machine to look into the pallet. This can disrupt the operation of the sensors, leading to a more serious damage.
Replacing the drain pump is simple. It will be more difficult to disassemble and assemble the dishwasher.
To get to the pump, it is necessary to disconnect the dishwashing unit, disconnect the hoses. Lay an old rag, lay the car on it on the back wall. Thus, you do not have to completely disassemble the dishwasher, since you can get to the drain pump through the bottom.
Then follow these steps:
- Locate the contacts on the pump housing;
- probes of a multimeter set to the smallest Ohm value, install on the contacts;
- measure the value: allowable norm up to 1000 Ohm;
- at normal values, you only need to unscrew the drain pump to clean and check if any object is stuck in the impeller.
If necessary, replace the part with a new one. Reassemble the dishwasher in the reverse order.
Attention! If, after replacing the above parts (bearings, pumps, valves and other parts), the machine continues to hum, consult a professional electrician repair technician.
Tips for self-correcting a dishwasher
Very often the cause of a malfunction of dishwasher units is a violation of the rules of operation and improper care of the device. Electrical repair technicians give the following tips to help avoid loud noise during device operation:
- It is important to properly install the dishwashing machine. To do this, the height of the legs must be adjusted using the level. This will eliminate vibration and excess noise.
- Place the dishes in accordance with the recommendations indicated in the operating instructions for the appliance. Do not allow the dishes to touch each other, fasten the cutlery (forks, spoons, knives) in the basket, do not place foreign objects.
- If you rarely use a dishwasher, then do prophylaxis once a week. Add / drain water to maintain moisture in the seals. This will help extend the life of the kitchen assistant.
- Clean the filters regularly. After each use, remove food residues from them and rinse under running water.
- Rinse the movable nozzles once a week and clean the filter system at least once a month. This will prevent scale formation.
Compliance with these rules will extend the life of your kitchen assistant. If you have serious problems, you should contact a professional.